Monday, March 8, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Don't always get me down, but sometimes they're just too much!
Especially this crazy weekend. I won't go into detail, but if you are a praying or hoping or wishing type of person, we could use some of that focused towards us. blah.

However, I really try to not ever focus on the negative and Mondays are my Megan Loves... day. So what do I love this week? I thought I'd do a music centered post. Music has always been a HUGE part of my life, so why would I leave it out of my blog? Since I've been so down, I think it's fitting to tell you the songs I love to listen to that put me in a good mood!

Megan Loves... (March 1-7)

  • "Pork and Beans" by Weezer. It's all about doing what you want and being who you are, despite what others think, or what might be "cool" at the moment. Always be true to yourself! Plus it's super catchy, like all of their songs. hah.
  • "Australia" and "When I Goosestep" by The Shins. They're both just sweet little ditties that make me smile every time I listen to them. The second song is from the Wicker Park soundtrack which is AMAZING, and if you haven't listened to it, or seen the movie even, I recommend doing both, immediately.
  • "DARE" by The Higher. Top 5 favorite band right here. This is the kind of song you listen to while you're cruising around with your windows down singing along with your best friend. :] And that goes for their whole "On Fire" album, really.
  • "Bite to Break Skin" by Senses Fail. Come on.. you remember when they were cool. Admit it. Yes, I still listen to them, and yes this song is completely different from the others. I call this my angry song, because it feels good to scream along at the top of your lungs to just get out all of that frustration that's been building up inside of you. Try it. I promise.
  • "MmmBop" by Hanson. You know I had to. Hanson is definitely another top 5 band. Will be until the day I die. And what makes your heart feel happier than hearing a song that takes you back to the good ol' days before you had any real responsibilities? Also, on a serious note, if you thought they had drifted off into obscurity, you're wrong. They're still making music, and it's still amazing! Just much more grown up, and it's definitely in the indie rock category now. So maybe you should listen to a few of their newer songs, you might be shocked!

Alright, well, there's a few of my "makes me feel better about life" songs. If I don't force myself to stop, we could be here all night. I really really love music.

I also love making a Twizzler straw to drink my Dr. Pepper with. :D

Alright, time to deal with the real world now. Boo!
If anybody at all reads this, then thank you! and if you have a happy song that's your favorite, why don't you share it with me?
Have a great night!

1 comment:

QUOTATION_MARK said...

youre gay. who likes the higher? and hanson?


we do.
I love you