Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pearls and Plaid


This would have to be one of my favorite outfits. I think it has a little bit of grunge and sweet that mesh well together. But not tooo much sweet. hah.

If you read my first post, I briefly mentioned my best friend, Emiley. It was only briefly because I wasn't quite sure if we were still best friends or not. :(

But she called this morning! And we are! Just in case you were worried. haha.
My move to Texas has really put a rift in our relationship, and it really sucks, but I had to do what was right for me at the time. Although my plans have changed and I'm not moving back, I never intended to push that rift further apart, but that's what has happened unfortunately. However, I think we can start to close the gap again, it's just going to take some work, that I am ready and able to put in on my side as well now.


Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that in because it had been weighing on my mind. My very first table this morning at work were two old ladies who had been best friends for years and shared with me all of their great jokes and memories between them and each other's husbands. We laughed, and cried, and the lady on the right (her name was Mary) told me to never let go of my friendship. And I promised her I wouldn't.

Bahh. Sentiments! :]

Back to clothes. ahem.
Sequined cami-?/Blue long sleeved shirt- Outlaw from Ross/Plaid shirt- Loves Notes from Ross $7!/shorts- Abbey Dawn (yes.. Avril Lavigne's clothing line. don't laugh.) from Ross $5!/tights-WalMart/Shoes- TOMS/
Sunglasses- Target via lost and found at work. hah!/Necklace- Mom's


So yeah, I personally love the combination of the shorts, tights, the thumb holes in the sleeves, and then of course the plaid shirt (complete with pearl snap buttons!), and then the pearl necklace thrown on top to girl it up a little bit.

I also love the bright sunshine we've had all day!

And the enchilada pie that Jonathan's mom makes that he won't eat because there's tomatoes in it. haha. YUM!

Have a wonderful night!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Love the pearl necklace with the plaid shirt! It adds a little class to it.

clothedmuch.blogspot.com