Friday, July 9, 2010

On Motivation and the Art of Productivity.

Hey there.
I just wanted to let you all know that I am not dead.
I have just been hiding in a dark corner for a few weeks. I've been feeling.. shy? Unproductive, unmotivated, the opposite of creative. In a slump, I guess you could say. This early? Yes. I am not trying to be the biggest, best, brightest out there. But I got bogged down in what I felt were my own shortcomings. I don't spend a lot of time shopping, I love to shop, but I'm probably the most frugal person you would ever know. I don't feel like I have a lot of money to go toward clothing, even if they are thrifted or whatever. So I have been repeating outfits, and sliding back into the comfortable jean and t-shirt territory. Terrible, I know.

Plus, I have also been going through one of those "not enough hours in the day" spells. But when I look back at the past few weeks, I have spent my free time doing nothing productive, and just making excuses as to why I couldn't put on something worthwhile and snap a few quick shots. I have been lazy, mostly. So I apologize.

I realize there are only a few of you subscribed to this blog, and to those few I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. But I am not doing this for anyone except myself. And I realized that keeping up with this blog is something that has kept me occupied and happy and without it I have been miserable and bored. So, I went to this thrift store where Jonathan's mom volunteers at. They were having a massive sale, and let's just say I have a huge black trash bag sitting next to me with articles of clothing and accessories like you wouldn't believe.

My drive and excitement is back, and I can't wait to get involved again!

Yay!

No comments: