Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chambray and Print.

I think I'm going to take a moment and toot my own horn. I use a regular ol' point and shoot camera. I would like something nicer, but I haven't saved up the money yet, and I don't really know a whole lot about them anyway. I usually just use the plain "Auto" setting when taking my pictures. And then I go in and spend awhile in Picnik editing them to make them look similar to these. Today, however, I got brave and decided to use the manual setting to set my own white balance, ISO, and the red/blue.. mostly because the sun was shining right on my face and camera lens, making everything look completely washed out. So, long story short.. I went out on a limb today, and these may be my favorite pictures I've ever taken. :) soo.. *toot! toot!* haha. 
Today is sooo beautiful! But ridiculously windy, so I had to throw some shorts on under this for modesty.. just in case I don't catch the skirt quickly enough. haha. I did decide to go with something just easy and simple today since I had to work earlier (I wear a uniform) and Douglas is at work tonight. So I haven't been doing much. I love the fullness of this dress, but I always like to wear a top over it because of the babydoll shape that I'm not too fond of, and it has tiny spaghetti straps. But it's just so comfortable and light. And of course, my wonderful, classic TOMS. Can these things be any better? 
Top: Miley Cyrus & Max Azria ($5!)/Dress: Thrifted/Shoes: TOMS/Bracelet: Thrifted

4 comments:

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

thanks for the link to piknic if you cant tell I take all the pictures for the blog myself on my phone hahaha I dont even have a camera! I need to stop spending my money the way I do. I love love love that shirt by the way!

lalaG said...

i was gonna say the same thing about piknic! I use my camera phone when im too lazy to grab my camera (that i "borrowed" from my grandma) lol

Jenn said...

I love the print of your dress and the way you styled the chambray shirt! Great job on your photos BTW.

I also don't have an expensive camera, just a hand-me-down (5 megapixels) from my sister who has a bad-camera-buying-habit. I Googled "how to take better pictures" and got a bunch of tips. Through trial and error, I think I've come up with some pretty good pictures too.

Complex Cardigans

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

DANG! $5 for that top! I should have put that on my rip off post today! It's awesome!Unfortunately I didnt remeber this top til after I posted. what a deal!