Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween and Updates!

October was a ridiculously busy month for me. I have this good friend named Doug, and he decided to make a mission to see 31 bands in 31 days. And I was his sidekick to go to all the shows with. It was a lot of fun, but very exhausting physically, and monetarily. hahah. But it was such a good experience, and you would think that if I was a good blogger that I would've been updating this whole time and taking photos of all the outfits I wore to the shows and everything. But I decided to be lazy, and take a break, and just enjoy my time for awhile. I would like to give a quick rundown and make some honorable mentions for some of my favorite bands, though.

Spooky Folk- Exactly like the name says. They have this wonderfully spooky sound to them that just draws you in. And an amazing lady with a violin which sounds so beautiful and gives their band a really rich sound.

Ernie Halter- Singer Songwriter with a gorgeous voice, a very soul-filled, folk-y sound. Yes I made up my own words to describe him. hah. He put on a really good show, and had some local kids come up on stage to jam out with him during some songs. Very cool.

Peelander Z!- Absolutely AMAZING. We had no idea what to expect (with any of the shows, really), but reading their bio it was saying stuff about how they claim to be from the Z area of planet Peelander, and they are made up of different colors, and they do human bowling, limbo, dress up in costumes... it goes on and on. And they really do all those things! It was one of the best, and most fun experiences of this whole month. In fact, they'll be here again on the 5th, and we plan on going back to see them! They describe their band as being a Japanese Comic Punk Band. As Douglas put it.. "Imagine you're stuck in a crazy Japanese game show, and you're having the best time of your life." Yeah, that's pretty much it. haha. GO SEE THIS BAND.

The Appeal- A really good local band. They have a funk indie, pop sound to them. And they have a lot of fun on stage. Plus they were ridiculously nice and hung out with us for quite awhile after the show. I always like when bands are actually interested in the people who are there to see them.

The Forgeries- I have to do a special mention of this band. They are really good friends to me and Doug. Their girlfriends are all really good friends to me, and their whole group of friends have been amazing to be around. They are RIDICULOUSLY good live. The Forgeries have just a really good rock sound to them. With kind of a pop vibe. You want to dance, you want to sing, you want to clap your hands and just have a great time when you see them. They'll be going into the studio soon, and the rock opera will be released on Valentine's Day. You bet I'll be doing a special post dedicated to them when that happens. :)


OKAY. I think I'm done talkin bands for now. Here's some Halloween pictures!

 Kat Von D and a Castle. :]

 We both had "Interactive Costumes". I let people give me tattoos, 
and Doug let people draw a battle on him. haha
 Jacob didn't dress up because he came straight from work, but I was thinking of Hocus Pocus when she tells the bullies that Max's costume is a "Little Leaguer". And Jacob plays baseball, so it could work. 

This was literally their costume. I didn't know until the end of the night that her baby bump was fake. lol
 The Forgeries!!!! The party was at their house, and a band called Peru played first (Which was Doug's 31st band for the month.yay!) and then the Forgeries played, and it was awesome. 



A few shots of the random tattoos I had been given. I actually ended up with some really cool stuff. :) 

That purple people eater to the left is Leslie. She is great. and is dating Mr. Satan there behind the mike. :) They are a beautiful couple, and have been really awesome friends.
And this is me with Mary!! I love her. and if you couldn't tell by her bar maiden outfit, she is dating the bass player in the lederhosen up there. :]


Anyway, it was a great night. Lots of fun costumes, lots of good people. I hope you all had a great Halloween!
I'm thinking seriously about joining in on Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30 challenge this month. It will get my creative juices flowing again, and force me to make more updates finally. I am planning on having an outfit post up later this evening, though. :) Happy Monday, everyone.

No comments: